Gone are the days of exploding pressure cookers. Of course, this doesn’t mean that your mom or granny were cooking fake stories to put you to sleep. It’s just that things have changed a lot over the years.
To cut a long story short: the best electric pressure cooker of today won’t explode in the middle of an ordinary day. Simply put, it’s no longer a dangerous kitchen tool as it used to be during our mother’s generations. On the contrary, it’s one of the most useful kitchen appliances in any house.
This leads us to introduce you to the top electric pressure cookers of today that can take your pressure-cooking experience to a whole new level. You will be able to turn out delicious meals easily and sooner than usual. And, your everyday cooking companion will last you a long time because we are not going to introduce you to some lackluster products.
Cheat Alert: To sweeten the content, we will give you some valuable buying tips as well. So, are you ready to indulge in the main course? Before we get to the main course, we will also tell you about our favorite pick. For those who want to concentrate on other things at the moment can consider the MUELLER Pressure Cooker Instant Crock 10-in-1 Pot Pro Series to get the best bang for their pressure cooker bucks.
A Spotlight On Some of The Best Electric Pressure Cooker 2020
1. MUELLER Pressure Cooker Instant Crock 10-in-1 Pot Pro Series
This best electric pressure cooker makes everything tasty. No, this isn’t a catchphrase used by the company. This is the statement echoed by tens and hundreds of past users who have tried and tested this product. Therefore, we didn’t have any second thoughts on recommending this German engineered MUELLER pressure cooker.
So, if you are looking to get your feet wet in the world of electric pressure cooker with little or zero shopping experience, it’s worth rolling the dice on this pressure cooker. In the end, you won’t end up with buyer’s remorse. Like everyone else, you could be singing praises for this product. And, you might also return to this post to leave a thank you message. Maybe, we are just daydreaming!
As hinted above, this is not your regular electric pressure cooker. This one comes with 19 different cooking options. In a side-to-side comparison with other products in the same category, other pressure cookers might feel like they are up against a prime Mike Tyson, which means zero chances of victory.
This MUELLER pressure cooker is fast, furious (in a good way), and highly efficient to make your kitchen life easier than usual. For those who don’t know, it can be used as a slow cooker as well. You are looking at a warmer, rice cooker, pressure cooker, and slow cooker, all in a single kitchen appliance.
What We Liked:
• Falling in love with the product’s versatility is easy. You can use the pressure cooker to make early morning rice, oats, soup, curry, chicken, eggs, and a host of other dishes.
• Unlike other products, this electric pressure cooker distributes heat evenly, and its fully sealed top does a great job of retaining all the flavors, aroma, and food nutrients like nobody’s business.
• This product is ETL certified for safe use in the kitchen. This pressure cooker complies with all the safety standards set by the law. The ETL certification is a good enough proof of conduct for a kitchen appliance.
What we Disliked:
• First-timers may find this device to be a little complicated if they don’t devote the time to read the handy booklet. For others, there should be no complications.
2. Mealthy MultiPot 9-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker
If you are looking for a pressure cooker that can do the job of nine other kitchen appliances, you won’t find anything better than the Mealthy MultiPot 9-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker. The best part is that this pressure cooker can help you make multiple dishes at the same time, saving you a great deal of time and gas money. And, you can expect less grease and smoke in the house by embracing a cooker of this quality.
This pressure cooker can literally take your kitchen by storm. To speak frankly, you won’t find a better all-in-device for making healthy and hot meals with bare minimum efforts. Yes, it makes cooking a ridiculously quick and easy affair. The chances are that the Mealthy MultiPot 9-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker could end up being your favorite kitchen appliance in the house.
The Mealthy MultiPot Pressure Cooker features 14 different programs in it such as slow cook, rice, eggs, cake, yogurt, etc. That’s right! The device will let you make cakes and yogurt too. You will only have to press the pre-programmed button, and voila!
The device will get to work for you. Better yet, it has an inbuilt timer that will keep you updated on the cooking process. And, unboxing this thing is nothing less than a delightful Christmas morning. It comes with a host of goodies such as the measuring utensils, recipes, extra steam rack, and so on. You won’t be disappointed!
What We Liked:
• This pressure cooker is exceptionally well-built. It’s so much terminator type. If you take good care of the appliance, there is no reason why it shouldn’t last you for several years and beyond.
• If you take the time to register the product on the company’s official website, (can be done within a few minutes), you will be rewarded with a one-year product warranty as a return gift. Cool, isn’t it?
• Compared to the rivals, it’s less cumbersome to clean this best electric pressure cooker. So, you won’t have to become a slave to keep this kitchen appliance clean.
What we Disliked:
• The program buttons are not backlit. If you were to operate the cooker at night, you might find it a little difficult to choose the right option from the many program buttons displayed on the device.
3. Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker
Our list of best electric pressure cooker would have been incomplete without this highest rated pressure cooker. Even the New York Times ended up playing the role of a brand ambassador for this product by mentioning it on one of their reports. And, we all know how influential New York Times is. Given the national press and word of mouth publicity, this electric pressure cooker almost sells like hot pancakes.
Of course, all the press would do no good to a deadbeat product. The pressure cooker indeed has all the merits to deserve all the accolades it keeps getting now and then. So, it’s not one of those overrated devices out there. You are indeed looking at the Cadillac of electric pressure cookers. Consumers of today are in luck to lay their hands on a product of this quality in today’s age and time of lackluster products.
This pressure cooker is infinitely customizable. It will broaden your kitchen menu substantially without the usual elbow grease involved in the process. And, you won’t have to stand, stir, or keep a watchful eye on the device as you would do with a regular cooker.
This electric cooker will literally work on its own. Better yet, it passes the ‘taste’ test as well. Not only does it cook fast, but it also keeps the food warm and tasty. You will no longer hate cooking after a tiring day at work. This kitchen appliance truly lives up to its reputation.
What We Liked:
• For easy cooking, there’s no match for this product. The ability to dump a few food ingredients in a pot and get a delicious meal ready at the push of the button is like a god-send cooking gift.
• It features a bright and simple to read LED display. And, the controls make hear-pleasing sounds, even you open the lid of this elegant multi-cooker. Don’t forget the fact that it’s a great looking electric pressure cooker.
• It’s available in three different sizes to suit the needs of most homeowners —3 quarts, 6 quarts, and 8 quarts. That said, even the 3-quart size is reasonably large.
What we Disliked:
• Given all the product features, be prepared for some degree of a learning curve. Yes, it will take a little while to get a good knack of this electric pressure cooker.
4. Breville BPR700BSS Fast Slow Pro Multi-Function Cooker
If you are looking for a high-quality ‘set and forget’ pressure cooker, the Breville BPR700BSS Fast Slow Pro Multi-Function Cooker should meet your eyes. This best electric pressure cooker looks extremely sleek, and it comes with convenient programmability.
Moreover, it works great for both fast and slow cooking. So, this Breville pressure cooker will not only shorten your time in the kitchen, but it will also produce very delicious dishes.
It maintains the pressure automatically and shuts itself down when the work is done to release the pressure. So, you don’t have to keep close proximity to the kitchen when cooking your everyday meals. This is indeed a smart cooker. To prepare a fast and delicious meal in the middle of an ordinary day, you couldn’t have asked for a better kitchen appliance than this multi-function pressure cooker.
The pre-programmed settings coupled with the ease of use really set this pressure cooker apart from the crowd. Given the product’s capability, all your meals can be a hit. It has features that your conventional cooker lacks such as simmering and reducing.
It also shows you the time remaining for the food to be cooked perfectly. Everything said and done; this is not one of those cheaply made unreliable pressure cookers out there. In case you don’t know, the manufacturer’s warranty on this kitchen appliance is for one full year.
What We Liked:
• The pressure cooker is designed in such a manner that you won’t be able to open the lid until the pressure on the inside is completely released. So, there are no chances of blowing up your rooftop.
• Everything about this pressure cooker is easy to figure out. So, the learning curve would be pretty quick. The accompanying recipe book is fantastic as well.
• The food coming out of this cooker tastes great. The pressure cooker does a great job of retaining the flavor and aroma. And, it keeps the food warm for a good amount of time.
What we Disliked:
• The Breville BPR700BSS Fast Slow Pro Multi-Function Cooker lacks low-temperature settings. As a result, you won’t be able to make yogurt from this pressure cooker.
• This is an expensive piece of kitchen equipment. But, it’s worth it. You will use it a lot more, and it will last a long time. This product is undoubtedly worth the extra expense.
5. Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker
If you want your first attempt at an electric pressure cooker to be a hit, you should feel free to pull the trigger on the Instant Pot DUO60 Pressure Cooker. It’s an industry-leading product that has generated a record number of sales in its category.
The Internet is brimming with positive reviews about this multi-function pressure cooker that has given most of its competition a wounded feeling. The Instant Pot DUO60 cooker could easily end up being your best friend in the kitchen.
This best electric pressure cooker can singlehandedly replace nine of your kitchen appliances. Yes, this thing can mimic a pressure cooker, steamer, warmer, slow cooker, yogurt maker, cake maker, egg cooker, steamer, and so on. And, it has a reputation for cooking meals 70% faster than usual.
To throw all the guesswork out of the window, it comes with 15 different food programs. The best part is that it returns perfectly cooked food at all times. Therefore, this pressure cooker has garnered a lot of attention like no other product in its category.
This pressure cooker works like a breeze. You only have to toss the ingredients in the cooker, set the timer, and wait for the designated period of time. It’s literally ‘set and forget.’ It can’t really get any easier than this.
It returns perfectly tender and delicious meals in a fraction of the time of other cookers. To sweeten the deal, it makes fun little sounds for various functions such as opening the lid, power connection, end of cooking, and so on. What’s there to not love about this kitchen engineering marvel?
What We Liked:
• Given the product’s versatility, this pressure cooker will be used more often in your house than any other kitchen appliances that you own. The chances are that you will be obsessed with this pressure cooker.
• For a highly versatile, convenient, easy to use, and stylish electric pressure of this nature, this kitchen appliance is actually sold at a relatively bargain price.
• As hinted earlier, the cooking time on this device is amazingly fast. Plus, the convenience of having an inbuilt timer lets you be away from the kitchen while the food is cooking.
• For peace of mind and user safety, this product is UL certified. So, this pressure cooker is not only highly efficient, but it’s highly safe to use as well. Seriously, you won’t lose a limb or blow up your kitchen.
What we Disliked:
• The power cord that comes with this kitchen appliance isn’t the best. It’s shorter than the ones you use on your computer or monitor. It would be great if they start delivering this cooker with longer power cords.
Best Electric Pressure Cooker: Buying Guide
We won’t fault you if you don’t know how to look for the best electric pressure cooker out there. The shopping process does come with a certain degree of elbow grease, and it’s surely not as easy as some people might make it sound.
Although we have already introduced you to all the good boys out there, we will include a buying guide as well from a purely helpful point of view. Anyone with a pulse can benefit from this buying guide.
Today, most of the leading brands offer multi-purpose electric pressure cookers. So, don’t settle for an ordinary pressure cooker that’s not versatile enough for various cooking needs. Not only will a multi-purpose cooker make your kitchen life easier than usual, but it will also keep your kitchen clutter-free.
Your best bet over here would be to choose a multi-purpose cooker that comes with pre-set cooking programs and a timer so that you can enjoy many different types of meals without any fuss.
Safe & Simple-to-Use
To make a pressure cooker an attractive commodity, the product manufacturers of today equip their products with a host of digital controls. As a consumer, it’s vital that you choose a simple to use electric cooker for you to fully explore all the features and settings that the product has to offer.
A high level of safety is a must as well. The best electric pressure cookers of today should shut down or feature automatic pressure release function to take care of the high-pressure situation.
A pressure cooker could easily be an everyday use item in your kitchen. This also translates to the daily cleaning of this kitchen appliance. Unless you love cumbersome cleaning chore, choose a pressure cooker that’s easy to clean.
Your best bet would be to opt for an electric pressure cooker with a non-stick surface. Also, make sure that it’s easy to disassemble the product for easy clean-up.
Other Buying Tips:
• When shopping for the best electric pressure cooker, take advantage of past user’s experience and read how the product treated them. It will help you make a well-informed decision. After all, their heart-to-heart rant will tell you a lot about the product.
• If you want to lay your hands on a long-lasting electric pressure cooker, it helps to look for a pressure cooker with stainless steel three-ply bottom as opposed to aluminum-built. The aluminum-models don’t last as long as the stainless-steel ones.
• About the price, here’s a word of advice that we would like to offer from our end. Be willing to stretch your budget a tad bit for the right product, but do not compromise on the quality. Trust us; you will thank us later for this valuable piece of advice.
• Take into consideration the size of the pressure cooker as well. Depending on the quantity of food to be prepared, you need to be the best judge over here. Keep in mind though, larger ones can cook smaller quantities of food, but smaller ones cannot cook larger quantities of food.
Not sure if you consider this to be a long read or not, but it’s time for us to part ways. Hopefully, you got to know everything about the best electric pressure cooker through this buying guide and product round-up.
Now, it’s time to switch the tables. Yes, we urge that you write something, and we will be more than happy to respond to your comments. Of course, no pressure at all! It’s just that your valuable comments can give us a good assessment of our work.